BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Monday, April 14, 2014

Poppy Kirk & Neena

Your Neena and Poppy Kirk are very important to your mother and I. Over the years I have grown to truly appreciate everything they have done for me over the course of my life. 


Your Poppy Kirk is my stepfather. Some of my fondest memories of us are waking up early on the weekends, when I lived with Neena and Poppy Kirk, and going fishing. When you’re out on the lake doing things you love, with people you love it makes all worries disappear. Poppy Kirk has never treated me as anything less than his oldest son and I truly appreciate him for that.
This is a photo taken right before your Poppy Kirk and I went to a Cowboys game at Texas Stadium. It is the first and only time I have seen the Cowboys play in person.  Whenever we spend time together we always talk about sports.


Your Neena is my mother. She is easily the most loving, caring person I have ever met. She will shower you with love. Every time I walk through her door she wants to hug and love on me and because I’m a guy I am obligated to act like I don’t like it. I do though. I love to feel how much she loves me. Everything emotional and caring in me comes from her.
I have countless memories of your Neena and I, but a few come to mind whenever I think of her. I will never forget our time spent in Panama while Poppy Kirk was deployed there during his time in the Army. Driving to the beach in our old beat up van singing Jimmy Buffet’s “Cheeseburger in Paradise” is something I will never forget. More recently, Neena, Poppy Kirk, Uncle Hayden and I went on a hunting trip together. Spending time in the deer blind with Neena just talking and giggling together is something I will never forget. This picture is from that trip.
Much like you will always be Mommy and Daddy’s little girl, Neena says I will always be her little boy.  She will never stop caring and loving you, your mother and I. 


I cannot wait for you to get here and build memories of your own with Neena and Poppy Kirk. I cannot wait for you to feel their undeniable love. Hurry up and get here.


Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment