BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Love, Brooke & Brier

I want to write something special to your dad. It is something that I hope expresses immense appreciation and gratitude for everything he is to us. I hope you will always remember everything that is written in this post every day of your life and if times ever get difficult in our lives.  

By the time you are able to read this, you will be keenly aware of your dad's limitless capacity to love and pamper you. Since the moment he was made aware of your existence, he has beamed with a pride that is impossible to contain. You are his most prized treasure. When he talks about you, I often wonder if his (already) giant smile is going to surpass the boundaries of his face. 

He has pampered you since the day you were conceived through pampering me. The last few weeks (I am 37 weeks today) have been incredibly difficult for me and have taken a toll on my body and my emotions. Your dad has taken over every responsibility in the house - laundry, cleaning, cooking, and yard work. He does this all while completing his Master's degree and working 40+ hours per week. Your dad comes home every night and cooks a homemade meal, serves it to us, collects my dishes and then usually makes me a milkshake (without me even asking). Then, on many nights, he rubs my feet and back and helps me do stretches. Finally, he tucks me into bed - a task that requires him to place 7 pillows in very specific places to optimize my comfort. He even helps me get on and off the couch so I don't strain my back. He does all of this without complaining - in fact, he does it without me even asking because he knows it's what both of us need to be happy, healthy and fulfilled. 

He constantly seeks any opportunity to be of service to us or to make life easier and more enjoyable. He doesn't just fulfill our needs when we ask for something, he anticipates them and prepares to meet them before we even ask. 

He is also sensitive to our emotions. He loves you and me with an intensity that is indescribable. I am not the easiest person to please lately because I am irrational at times (thanks to my hormones) and I'm stubborn always. If your disposition is anything like mine, your daddy will have his hands full. I know he doesn't know your feelings yet, but he will; and he will know you better than anyone else because he will invest the time to understand what makes you happiest, what makes you sad and how to make you feel beautiful and cared about at all times. 

Your dad will be your protector. He will be your best friend. He will teach you new things. He will make you laugh. He will be your biggest fan. He will make your anxiety and worries disappear with his confidence and leadership. He will keep your secrets. He will fix anything you need fixing. He will give you the best hugs and kisses. He will value you. He will convince you that you are the most beautiful girl in the world. He will give everything he has to you. He will listen to you. He won't raise his voice to you. He will never give up on you. He will make you feel like the most important person in his life. He will love you like no one else will ever be able to. 

I know this because he is all of those things and more to me. 

My prayer is that you find someone who completes you as fully as your dad completes me. 
We love you, Jay (Dad)

Brooke & Brier

Love you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment