BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Sunday, March 23, 2014

(Great) Poppa & Grammaw Allen

Your Great Grandpa Allen is one of the most influential men in my life. He is the perfect example of a role model and a man I have looked up to for my whole life. Much like your Grandpa Barad, Poppa Sims holds himself and the family to the highest of standards.
The biggest accomplishments in my life can be directly linked to the passion Poppa Allen has for education. Grammaw and Poppa Allen have been beyond generous when it comes to the education of us grandchildren. They have paid for each one of us to go to college.  Times such as this make me realize the value of this act. I would not be able to provide for you had they not pushed me to further my education.  
My two favorite things about your Great Grandpa Allen are his hugs and his smile. You can feel the love he has for you every time you walk in his door and he smiles, chuckles and gives you a big ole hug.  

Your mom and I are fortunate to have a few great men in our lives. Your Great Grandpa Allen is definitely one of them. My earliest memory of realizing this was on a trip to Ruidoso, where Grammaw and Grandpa Allen had a mountain house. There will be early memories in your life that you will never forget and this trip was one of them for me. 

He has instilled conservative Christian values in our family. He is one of the most brilliant men I have ever met in my life. I honestly cannot remember asking him a question he did not know the answer to.

Your Great Grammaw Allen is one of the most loving and giving person you will encounter. She is always trying to make our lives better in any way she thinks she possibly can. As an example, today, we had lunch with the family and she showed your mom and I pictures of the dining room table she bought for our new house. It will be the dining room table where you, your mom, and I will share many meals.
She has also helped me through some of the most trying times in my life.  Her love and care during these trying times has been greatly appreciated.  Without her, getting through the hard times would be much more difficult.
My favorite memories of Grammaw Allen are the times when I would spend the night with her in El Paso.  Grammaw would scratch my back until I fell asleep in her lap.  I also remember staying up late at night watching TV with her.  She is probably the reason I am such a night owl now.  It will help me though in your early days I can come take care of you while your mom sleeps.
 
I look forward to the day when you get to meet them. They will love you like no other. They will make your life better just as they have done for me and your mom.
Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment