BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dr. Robert Wai

Dr. Robert Wai is the doctor who is taking care of us right now while I am carrying you. He works at Baylor Grapevine Medical Center. He is so kind and soft spoken.
Daddy goes with me to every appointment so that he can hear all of the wonderful things Dr. Wai says about you. When we go to our appointments, a nurse takes my blood pressure and weighs me. I have gained 35 pounds so far because you really make me crave sweet things like German chocolate milkshakes, cinnamon rolls and chocolate twist donuts! 

Next, I either get a sonogram or we just talk with him in a room. He listens to your heartbeat and smiles every time he hears it. Sometimes he asks a nurse to take my blood so that he can run tests to make sure you are healthy, sometimes I get a shot, but I always love the appointments no matter what because I learn more about you. He thinks you will be a big baby because you weighed about 4 pounds 2 ounces four weeks ago when I was 30 weeks pregnant with you. He is predicting that you will weigh at least two times that much! We just can't wait to see you. I hope you're a chunky baby. I know you'll be the most beautiful thing we've ever seen.

I used to go to an appointment to check on you once a month, but since I was 30 weeks pregnant with you, I go every two weeks now. I will be going once a week before you know it.

You will be born at Grapevine Baylor Medical Center. It is a really nice hospital and I think all of us will be very comfortable there. The hospital is new and beautiful and state of the art - only the best for you. 
 
On an unrelated note, Daddy heard this song today and we listened to it several times.  He tells me everyday how much he can't wait to meet you. I think it's safe to say you'll be treated like a princess each and every day.

Daughter, Loudon Wainwright II

Love you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment