BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Right-Hand Girl

For the last 29 weeks, you have been my trusty right-hand baby girl.  Most people refer to their right-hand man, but I'm comfortable calling you my right-hand girl.  

right-hand man noun [singular]:  the person who you regularly depend on to help you.  

I know the definition is intended to refer to someone who helps you in your work life, but you have brought new meaning to the phrase "help you".  

You have helped me realize what it's like to sacrifice (and want to), live for another person before yourself and love unlike I ever have before.  Before you existed, I loved to shop for clothes until my closet busted at the seams, have my nails done every weekend, and daddy and I would go out to eat for almost every meal.  Since you have been on your way, we have sacrificed our regular lifestyle in order to prepare for you. 
We bought a home that you will be proud of and one in which you will be comfortable and cozy.  We stay home and eat $1 Totino's pizzas almost every night and I can't remember that last time my cuticles looked this bad!  But I wouldn't trade any of it for the World.  We live for you now and every decision we make is for your best interest. We do everything we can so that we can provide you with everything you deserve - the best of everything because we love you unlike any other.  It's amazing.  

Another reason I refer to you as my right-hand girl is because my right side is where you reside 99% of the time.  You are a tiny creature of habit.  A homebody.  Just like your daddy and me.  When I touch my belly, I can always feel your tiny feet or little bottom poking out on the right side.  You wiggle and kick just like you should, but you've only once wandered to the left side of my belly once, and you stayed there for about five minutes.    

Your daddy and I talk about how funny it is that your personality and preferences are so blatant even while you're occupying my belly.  The Barad side of your family (especially your Grandpa) is the epitome of "creature of habit".  He says you know what you like, you've found your routine and safe place, and you're going to stick to it.  We don't blame you.  
This is a picture of your daddy from this morning.  I caught him in your room before he left for work.  He didn't realize that I took this picture.  He's so precious waiting for you, Brier. He just loves being where you will be soon and I think this picture is nothing short of Heavenly.  He sits in your empty room often and listens to our favorite music, mostly Dave Matthews, and picks out a book to read to you every night from your book basket. You truly have been blessed with the most amazing dad.  I always prayed for my babies to have a daddy as wonderful as mine, and you most definitely will.  

Love you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment