BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Sunday, February 9, 2014

How I Told Your Daddy about You...

I took a pregnancy test on August 27, 2013.  It was the third day of school.  Your dad kept asking me when I was going to take a test and I told him that I would "do it tomorrow". He was so excited about the thought of a baby and I could hardly contain my excitement when I took the test and it read "pregnant".  I don't know how I held in the secret that day. I could hardly wait to tell your dad about you.  I thought all day about how I would tell him as I taught the rowdy fifth graders in my class.  I decided after school to go buy a pair of Converse All-Stars, like your dad likes to wear and give them to him when he got home to our apartment in Grapevine.  Aren't they cute?  
When dad got home that evening, I told him that I had received a strange gift from a student that day.  He opened the box of shoes and looked confused until he read "You're a Daddy" that I had written on a Post-It and put inside the lid of the box.  He couldn't believe it!  We went to celebrate you and our new family at Fireside Pies that night.  

Love you more...


No comments:

Post a Comment