BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Your Sonograms

One of my favorite things about being pregnant and carrying you has been the opportunity to watch you grow. Each time we go to the doctor, we hope for a sonogram, just so we can see you.  Your dad tells me not to get frustrated when a sonogram isn't necessary - I just love seeing you.  Here are your pictures!  I think you are the most beautiful person in the world.  

6 weeks
 8 weeks
 12 weeks
 16 weeks
 26 weeks

Weren't you tiny at 6 weeks?  I will never forget the first time I heard your heart beat.  I couldn't fathom how something so tiny could have such a strong heart.  For as long as I can remember, I have always dreamed of having a babygirl of my own.  You now know how close me and my mom are and I wanted a relationship like that with a little girl.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant with you, I just knew you were a boy.  I think I was protecting myself and my feelings in case you were a boy.  Of course I would have been happy with a little boy, I just wanted a lifelong best friend and I know I'll have one in you.  Your daddy tells me that he prayed for us to have a little girl because he knew how important it was to me.  

At 8 weeks, you had grown so much!  We thought you were so big.  Your heart was beating 174 beats per minute.  

You'll notice on the 12 week picture, the sonogram technician predicted you were a boy.  Your name was going to be Bennett Allen.  We are hoping to use that name later, for your little brother.  

Aunt Cindy did your 16 week sonogram.  It was on Thanksgiving Day right after lunch at great Grandma Barad's.  We went to the hospital in Wichita Falls with Grandma and Grandpa Barad and Poppy Steve and Grandma Carolyn.  Aunt Cindy spent a long time with me and your daddy and we loved watching you do flips and turns inside my belly!  I'll never forget when she told me that you were a girl.  "You'd better start buying some bows!"  I cried so hard and so did your Grandma Barad.  We were so excited.  Your daddy just smiled and said "I told you so."  This day was one of the happiest ones in my life.  

It was a long time until we saw you again.  Aunt Cindy did your 26 week sonogram and confirmed that you are the little girl that I have dreamed about.  Here's a 3D picture of you, too!  You only allowed us to get one that day.  After we got this picture, you put your hand in front of your face.  I hope you aren't as stubborn as your momma.  Your dad will have his hands full if that's the case.  


Love you more...  

No comments:

Post a Comment