BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Your Ninth Month

Happy 9 month birthday to the sweetest baby girl!

You have grown so much this month! You are pulling up and standing with confidence and are getting stronger everyday! You even let go of whatever you're holding onto sometimes. A few small steps can even be taken if you are holding on to mine or daddy's hands. Your favorite place to stand is beside your toy boxes. You love to put your little hand inside and pull out one toy at a time.
 
We have to keep an eye on you now, more than ever. You're fast and LOVE to explore. I've also been told this month that you don't like the word "no" either. Miss Larissa says you scream in a high pitch when you're not pleased. 
You also have reached new level of love for food! You are enjoying your puff snacks, yogurt tabs and watermelon! Waffles for breakfast are your favorite -- and especially ones from Mod Market!
 
You enjoy snacking while grocery shopping with mommy and daddy! You're such a big girl!
 
Your attendance at a birthday party was requested for the first time, too! You had such a fabulous time at Emma Grace's party. A lot of your friends were there. I loved watching you play and interact. You are so confident, smart and curious. 
You hopped right in to the ball pit. You're fearless.
Happy first birthday, Emma Grace!
Beautiful, Catholic babygirls! 
I did the most difficult thing this month. I left you to go on a work trip. I was gone Sunday through Friday! I went to Austin to a technology conference. Daddy, Gigi, and Grandpa all assured me that it would be harder on me than it was on you, and I think they were right. I missed you more than I could ever tell you. Gigi came and stayed the week with daddy so that you could be home more than usual and so that Gigi could give you some TLC. When I came home, you smiled bigger than I had ever seen and even squealed a little. I've never been happier to see anyone. I hate being away from you. 
See the blanket you're holding? We can NEVER lose it. It's like an extension of you - you don't put it down.
I left Gigi some (detailed) notes about how to take care of you.
Our highly anticipated reunion!
One special thing I discovered this month was your love for a combination country music and dancing. I put Pandora on one night and danced with you in the living room. I felt your little body start to relax as we spun and two-stepped around the room listening to mostly George Strait. 
We've noticed that your hair is getting some curl! It's so beautiful and getting so thick. I think it may be getting a little darker, too. 
We are looking forward to your baptism on February 21. Your Godparents are Kristen and Jacob Combo. Daddy and I chose them to be your Godparents because not only are they amazing Catholics, but their influence will be extremly positive in your life. They are devout Catholics and we know they will pray for you and your Christian formation.I know they will be there to witness all of the beautiful sacraments you'll receive as you develop and come to know Christ. They are a blessing in all of our lives. 
Godmama Kristen and your bestie, Kolbe.
Full of French toast and hashbrowns.
Grandma Barad is making your baptismal gown. I know it will be beautiful and a treasure you'll have forever.
You love going to the park! Today was our first visit and I know we'll be going back often. We played and you even shared your puffs with the ducks at the pond!
Your first time on a slide!

 
 
I love how you're holding Daddy's finger here.

You are my greatest accomplishment. I love life more than ever because you're in it! 
Love you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment