BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Your Eighth Month

Baby Mine...

Happy 8 months to my pride and joy. This song came on the other night as I rocked you to sleep and even though I've heard it many times, it resonated with me more than ever. 

This month was full of FUN. We had our first Christmas as a family and we spent lots of quality time together because I was off of work for two whole weeks. Your biggest milestone this month was your mastery of the art of pulling up. You are a busybody to say the least. We can't take our eyes off of you. You literally climb the walls. 
You love "driving" and practicing standing.
Those plug-ins on the wall are no longer an option. We are in full-fledged "Brier mode" around here now.
It is your first time to experience mine and daddy's favorite time of year - Christmas! I am eager to start our own traditions as our own small family unit, but it was wonderful to go to Burkburnett this year. Before we left for Burkburnett, we spent a couple of days at home because Daddy was off work as well. We opened gifts together at our house and you were more interested in the paper and boxes this year, as we expected, so you got a few toys that light up and make noise - nothing too big.
You took your first trip to Babe's Chicken House in Carrollton.

We walked around downtown after lunch.
We sent out our first Christmas card this year. 
We arrived in Burkburnett on Christmas Eve. We went to Poppy Steve and Grandma Carolyn's house for dinner and presents. While we were there, we decorated cookies for Santa. When we got back to Gigi and Grandpa's in time for bed, we read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
On Christmas morning, we woke up and opened more presents at Gigi and Grandpa's while listening to Christmas jazz music. Then, we attended mass and went lunch at Great Grandma and Grandpa Barad's house.
Your Patagonia vest from Gigi and Grandpa. So CUTE!
While in Burkburnett, you met my friend from school, Lee. It was great to spend time with him! You also visited Beth and Derek and spent time with Grandma and Grandpa Barad and the rest of the family. Finally, you took a trip to visit with Great Grandma Lois.
It is very evident that you are loved and cared for by many people. We loved our quality time with family. You also sent your first thank you cards as a sign of appreciation for your Christmas gifts. Since you can't write, mommy wrote them for you and you "signed" them with your handprint. 

We welcomed the year 2015, together as a family, at home. On New Years Day, we ate black eyed peas and cabbage.
Your toothbrush is new, too. You kinda dig it.
We went to visit Neena and Poppy Kirk in Granbury this month, too. You loved playing the drums with Neena. 
I had such a hard time leaving you to go back to work. In fact, I cried. Harder than I did the first time I left you. But Ms. Larissa sent me this picture to assure me that you were having a good time and adjusting well to being back in her wonderful care. I just get so spoiled to spending every second with you - it is such fun!
This is my favorite photo from this month. I treasure you. I adore you. I am so thankful God chose me to be your mommy. 
Love you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment