BrierBaptism

http://youtu.be/w9-7st-0HA0

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Your Tenth Month

Just when I think you can't possibly be any cuter, or funnier, or feistier, the next day begins. If I were to choose three words to describe you, they would be - independent, strong-willed, intelligent. You are very confident in yourself and your abilities, so you defy help, especially from mommy. In fact, just today you swatted my hand away when I tried to help you hold your sippy cup. 

This month was full of blessings! You were baptized on the 21st of February, 2015. Father Henry Petter baptized you into the Catholic faith at St. Ann's Parish in Coppell, Texas. Your Godparents are Kristen and Jacob Combo. They will be a wonderful, constant example of holiness. Mommy and daddy look up to them and we know they will support us in raising you in the Catholic faith. Everyone from our family was there for you, too. After your baptism, we went to lunch together at Fresco's. 
Your new prayer book from Kristen and Jacob.
Great Grandma Barad made your gown and it was absolutely breath taking. I will treasure it forever. If one day you have a little girl of your own, she can wear it, too. Godmama Kristen made your headpiece. 

"And He took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them."
Mark 10:16


We have finally found some food you'll eat consistently outside of the pouches you have grown accustomed to. DUMPLINGS. I make them for you. You would eat them from breakfast, lunch and dinner. You love to eat them with La Sueur epas. You shovel them in your mouth, almost like you're racing someone. You also love French toast sticks and you will always eat a fourth of my waffle when we go to breakfast on Sundays after church. I love the way you even say "yummmmm."

Also, this month, you experienced your first snow. Mommy stayed home with you for three days this month because it was icy and snowy. We took you outside in it for about five minutes. You didn't hate it, but you didn't enjoy it as much as you will when you're old enough to build a snowman.
You love goldfish. And you love chocolate chips.
Chocolate chips make you very happy.
You have become mobile this month. You use your walker to get around the house and you think you're such a big girl. I am so proud of you.
I love the way you stick your tongue out when you're concentrating, just like your daddy.
You've started wearing your sunglasses and I think you know when you look cute. It's hard to describe, but you really do act differently. It's hard to imagine, but you act a little sassier when you're extra dolled up and you smile more. Bat those little eyes even more. It's ridiculous how cute you are. 
You're fabulous, darling.
In this photo, you're pulling my hair and putting your feet in my face. It's your way of telling me to smell your feet. I always say "stinky feet" and you laugh and promptly stick your feet back in my face.
I love the way you're looking at me here. I adore you!
You sat still once this month...for about five minutes. 
But for the most part, our lives are in constant motion, like this...
And we wouldn't have it any other way. 

Love you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment